Claremont is looking to add an experienced full-time Project Superintendent to our growing construction company. Candidate shall have the responsibility to effectively lead all aspects of any one of our commercial, multifamily and/or municipal construction projects for start to finish.
The person we are looking for will need to meet or exceed all on the following list of requirements to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Manage a team of workers, subcontractors, work schedules, and resource allocation to ensure each assigned project is completed in compliance with all the approved contact documents, local codes and owner expectations
• Coordinate work scopes among all trades to promote efficient project operations.
• Resolve problems regarding project designs and code conflicts.
• Create cost estimates and schedules for labor, supplies, materials and other project costs
• Collaborate with Project Managers and other construction management team members to effectively report weekly project progress
• Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers
• Work with Project Managers to hire subcontractors required to complete your assigned project
• Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations
• Enforce Claremont’s safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Claremont’s standards as well as all applicable safety codes and regulations
• Serve as primary contact with owners/ architects/ engineers for submission of RFI’s for your assigned project
• Manage subcontractor payment applications.
Qualifications & Skills
- • Significant knowledge and understanding of large-scale commercial, multifamily and municipal renovation and/or roofing construction projects
• Significant knowledge and understanding of plans, specification, construction means, methods and materials
• Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, or 5 years working with a construction company in a related field can certainly be substituted for the degree requirement
• Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Projects).
• Able to demonstrate leadership experience.
• Experience with project cost control, contracts preparation for subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, closeout documentation, unit turnover, client communications and field personnel assistance.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation - Competitive salary depending on experience plus competitive bonus structure.
• Generous vacation plan
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time off
• Medical, dental and vision coverage for 100% of employee
• 25,000 in term life insurance coverage for employee
• 401(k) plan eligibility after 3 months of employment.
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth, success, and culture of safety.