Claremont is looking to add an experienced full-time Materials Manager to our growing construction company. The position will work with our Project Managers and field personnel to plan and coordinate the purchasing and delivery of materials to all our jobsite throughout the country.
The person we are looking for will need to meet or exceed all on the following list of requirements to be considered for this position.
- • Evaluate suppliers on the basis of their product availability and quality, service(s) provided, price and overall capabilities
• Interviewing new and existing vendors to examine and learn about prices, products and services.
• Attending conferences, trade shows and meetings to network with suppliers and learn about new industry trends
• Negotiating contracts and working out agreements nationwide with suppliers
• Evaluating and monitoring contracts to ensure suppliers and vendors are complying with terms and conditions
• Meeting with vendors and staff to discuss unacceptable and defective products and establish corrective action
• Maintaining and reviewing records of inventories, product supplier performance
• Purchase raw materials and supplies according to project specifications
• Oversee general guidelines and procedures for receiving and storing materials at warehouses and job sites
• Ensure materials purchases and storage of material follow approved project specs
• Assist in preparing project specification sheets for approval and signature by our customers.
• Anticipating and forecasting material needs for our projects
Qualifications and Skills
- • Basic knowledge in standard building and construction processes required.
• Able to demonstrate leadership experience.
• Experience with contract preparation for subcontractors, supplier and vendor relationships, client communications and field personnel assistance.
• Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, or 7 years working with a construction company in a related field can certainly be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Projects).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of supply chain maintenance and logistics
• Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: Competitive salary depending on experience along with annual bonus.
• Generous vacation plan
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick time off
• Medical and dental coverage for 100% of employee
• 25,000 in term life insurance coverage for employee
• 401(k) plan eligibility after 3 months of employment
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth, success, and culture of safety.